Sunday, February 23, 2020

Lil Moonshiner Scenes

I started a new series of group carvings or scenes that depict a whimsical setting of two Lil Moonshiners in action.
($65.00)


                      After a recent trip ice fishing I decided to create a scene called "Iced Whiskey"!






($65.00)

This is a scene from long ago...two men cutting ice blocks from a pond! 


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 ($65.00)



The next scene is a Lil Moonshiner sawing a log.



First the sitting figure.




Arms are carved separately



Before painting.




Painted 

($65.00)


 This one was inspired by 
    camping in the Adirondack
Mountains.  The Guide
Boat or canoe was light
                                                              weight and easy to port from
                                                              trail to stream.


                                                               "Adirondack Guide".
     
                                                                   ($65.00)


2 comments:

Mary McAndrew said...

Jim I'm sorry it took me so long to comment! I love your little Moonshiner's series!! They so remind me of Dad and his Broomies, you have his same style and it's great. I like the canoe one, can't wait to see it colored.

mellowflame said...

Wow I really like all of the carvings!
I really like the one of the man carrying the canoe over his head.